Date(s) - 06/11/2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Thursday, June 11
2p Eastern/1p Central/Noon Mountain/11a Pacific (and whatever else is your corresponding time zone), for approximately 90 minutes on Zoom.
FREE Public event – All stage managers welcome!
Membership in the SMA is not required.
Join us for a dive into the world of Dance Stage Management. Our panel includes stage managers with experience in ballet, tap, modern, and other movement-based work. We’ll explore how prepping, personnel, paperwork, and performance duties may vary between productions.
Our panelists have multiple dance credits including (in alphabetical order):
• Victoria Frank – Resident Stage Manager for Kansas City Ballet
• Matthew Jackson – Associate Professor at California State University, Northridge; Stage Manager with The Wooden Floor and Backhausdance
• Suzi Kilbourne – Stage Manager, Washington Ballet, Chamber Dance Project and several tap companies and artists
• Natasha Manley – Freelance Stage Manager, contemporary dance
• R. Christopher Maxwell – Freelance stage manager, hip hop, jazz, ballet, tap, dance concerts, theatrical movements
• Erin Joy Swank, Host – Freelance stage manager including Nevada Ballet Theatre and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular
• Katrina Herrmann, Digital Moderator – Freelance stage manager
Register in advance; you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting, with both video and phone access.
* Please note, the session will be recorded for later viewing in the SMA Member Video Gallery.